Re: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> Erik,
>
> After a previously registered user logs on, they are presented with a screen
> which shows a summary of their entrant number and the total # of entries
> they have submitted. There is a hyperlink to "add new entrant" here which I
> mentioned before. Clicking on it now (by someone who has already registered
> and logged onto the system just results in an internal server error (HTTP
> 500 Internal Server Error). If you mean to prevent people from registering
> more than once, should this not lead to a real page explaining that they
> need/can only register once? This was mentioned before, and you may be
> working on it....

Haven't put the limit in yet.  This was a bug in the new code I wrote to
do the radio buttons.

Basically, if someone pokes around somewhere they're not supposed to, my
usual philosophy is to just present them with the menu and maybe the
welcome screen.  If you ever see a server error, let me know, because it
will only do that when the program crashes (i.e., a bug).