Re: Name Changes

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> Re - announcement - you want to announce next Friday????????? The AGA MC
> hasn't said boo to me about final approval yet.... so we don't even know for
> sure if this is a go or not. We also haven't heard any further change
> requests that they might have - especially the entry fee for AGA members
> issue.

Good grief, I don't know what to say here.

I will say that I would not start using an aquatic-gardeners.org domain
name for the site until it got full approval from the board.

> I'd like to hear some spirited debate over the timing issue. Please feel
> free to speak up if you have any ideas or opinions about the timing I'm
> proposing.

I thought that the timing would be:

1. get website prepared
2. get AGA approval
3. decide on dates
4. announce website location, PR to clubs and magazines, search for judges

So yeah, you're right, without #3, we can't clearly do #4, so I retract my
request.  However, maybe we can do

2a. Announce that there will be a showcase, and how it will work.
And people should watch the website for further details soon.