Re: Going Public....

Erik wrote:

"Good grief, I don't know what to say here."

Neither do I, you are on the AGA MC, so I would assume that you will know
more about the status of the project than I do. Has any discussion taken
place recently about this? The Proposal was submitted via e-mail to each MC
member on the 24th of January. Way back when, Karen had guess-timated that
it might take the MC a month to decide.... we are well past that now, but
the MC members might have other things on their plates which I am not aware
of.

The localization stuff regarding languages sound cool. As I advised before,
we have Spanish, German, Danish and Chinese translators lined up. But I'm
still hesitant about asking them to do anything until this is DEFINATELY a
go, and there are no further MC requested changes to implement.

Your idea regarding the photo montage sounds nice - hope that you can come
up with some photos - does ANYONE else reading this have any photos?

"I thought that the timing would be:

1. get website prepared
2. get AGA approval
3. decide on dates
4. announce website location, PR to clubs and magazines, search for judges"

I agree with the timing (or at least the order), just remember that the web
site can't be finalized until the AGA signs off, as they could request
changes/adjustments. As I said before, writing final drafts of things like
the "welcome page" (b.t.w. - I hate that phrase) and the announcements can't
be done until we know exactly WHAT we are announcing, and that won't be
finalized until the AGA MC has taken the vote.

I am hesitant about making any public announcement until we have not only
the approval but also the dates finalized. this is going to one of the first
questions people will have (the second will probably be - "What can I
win?"). I suppose that if you tell people at the NEC that they sould
"expect" a major announcement shortly that would be O.K., but we could end
up with even more egg on our faces if something is announced and this whole
thing is nixed by the MC.

Give me your opinion on the September 30th closing date.