Re: Going Public....

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> Erik wrote:
>
> "Good grief, I don't know what to say here."
>
> Neither do I, you are on the AGA MC, so I would assume that you will know
> more about the status of the project than I do. Has any discussion taken
> place recently about this?

Hmm, I'm not the one who would be able to let you know if it passed,
that's the job of the steering committee chair.  But as AGA web guy, I
certainly might start moving pages around or changing names of things if
it did pass.

> I agree with the timing (or at least the order), just remember that the web
> site can't be finalized until the AGA signs off, as they could request
> changes/adjustments. As I said before, writing final drafts of things like
> the "welcome page" (b.t.w. - I hate that phrase) and the announcements can't
> be done until we know exactly WHAT we are announcing, and that won't be
> finalized until the AGA MC has taken the vote.

And as I said before, I wouldn't DREAM of trying to start finalizing
things unless it came to a vote and passed.

> I am hesitant about making any public announcement until we have not only
> the approval but also the dates finalized. this is going to one of the first
> questions people will have (the second will probably be - "What can I
> win?"). I suppose that if you tell people at the NEC that they sould
> "expect" a major announcement shortly that would be O.K., but we could end
> up with even more egg on our faces if something is announced and this whole
> thing is nixed by the MC.

Certainly I would not even *imagine* asking you about announcing something
at the NEC if the MC hasn't voted yes and accepted the proposal.

> Give me your opinion on the September 30th closing date.

Sounds quite obtainable.  Especially if it might have passed by now.

   - Erik

(Excuse me while I go clobber Bob Cashin now.)