Re: Publicity

Dave wrote:

"m3 already has a link to the contest website!  Did anyone ask them to do
that, or are they just on the ball?"

Actually, they have had that notice there since Friday! I had asked Edward
for permission to have a link to the m3 web site in our resources section,
so he may have been following our progress via the list archives. I hadn't
notified him of the approval and go-ahead. It is possible that Edward is at
the NEC convention and heard about the approval from Karen and/or Erik.
Hopefully, they will be letting a lot of people know about this.

In one way I was kind of annoyed - the web site is still not finished and
first impressions are important - I'd like it done before a lot of people
start visiting it. But since the link is there, and I'd like more vendors to
give us similar links, my annoyance only lasted for a few moments. I went
ahead and posted a "press release" to the USENET groups, and to selected
sites from the Resources section - I'm staying away from the major ones
until next week.

B.T.W. - if anyone on the mailing list wants to let others know about this
event - feel free to do so.