Re: Publicity

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> Actually, they have had that notice there since Friday! I had asked Edward
> for permission to have a link to the m3 web site in our resources section,
> so he may have been following our progress via the list archives. I hadn't
> notified him of the approval and go-ahead. It is possible that Edward is at
> the NEC convention and heard about the approval from Karen and/or Erik.
> Hopefully, they will be letting a lot of people know about this.

No, I didn't run into Edward at M3.  I did check e-mail on Friday just
before the AGA meeting, and I took the responsibility of announcing the
showcase.  I also put in a link from the AGA site at that time. Here are
my notes:

Erik unveiled the Showcase and Contest (note for Frequently Asked
Questions: it was referred to as both a photo contest, and a "contest").
Questions asked included "what are the categories?" "What does 'Artificial
Aquascape' mean?" and "When's the deadline?"  "Will I get penalized for
using a digital camera?" (Answer: No, we'll be scaling things down to
<1024px... Yes, if it's so bad you can't see things) "Will I get penalized
because I'm not a good photographer?"... People seemed generally
understanding with the deadline, and very positive on the concept in
general.