Web site comments

Hi,

I've gone through the Web site.  Looks great, Erik!  (And I really like the
banner.)  I just have a few comments:

"Seattle Film Works"  Are we endorsing this company?  Anyway, the link
doesn't come up in its own window and I think it should.  It got me off the
contest web site in no time flat.  We want people to stick around as long as
they need to.
 link:  http://www.seattlefilmworks.com/
 from page:
http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/?&op=showpage&name=guidelines-photo

I think the numbering scheme for the rules is a little weird, but maybe
that's just me.  I think it makes the reader think that one point is more
important than the next, which is not necessarily true.  I think it would
look and read better by using bullet points.  Again, maybe this is just my
hang-up.

I also think the nav bars (which are way-cool, by the way -- again, nice
work Erik!) should be at the top and bottom of each page.  As I was going
through the site I kept thinking how much easier it would be if the same
links were there for me down at the bottom of the page I just finished
reading.  I kept having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page
just to get to the next one.  I'm probably in the minority on this one, too,
because I use 640x480 (ug! I know!) resolution at home.  I will say that the
"minimalist" (for lack of a better word) style of the site is nice for this.
There weren't extra graphics, button bars down the side of the screen, etc.,
that just tend to upset some of us low-tech users.

Maybe this has been done and I've just missed it, but I think it would be a
good idea to collate all of the various rule pages, entry form and photo
release together into one PDF file for easy downloading and distribution.  I
was a-thinkin' to myself that if I were a club, I would want some way to
easily print out all the important pieces for distribution the club members.
Also, fish stores or whoever would have something to print out and have
laying about for interested people.  I'm by no means a wizard at Adobe
Acrobat, but I do have it at work and have used it to convert web pages and
Word docs over to PDF files.  It's pretty slick and I would be willing to
put something like this together, should the group feel it necessary.

Thanks,

Dave VanderWall
Minneapolis, MN, USA