Re: Judges, secrecy and pdfs

Erik wrote:
"Speaking of this, should I be adding these names to the material on the
site, or are we supposed to keep it hush hush?"

No - once someone has agreed to judge the contest - I say scream it from the
roof-tops!

On the subject of pdf's and the size issue - I agree that providing a very
slimmed down version, limited mainly to the entry form and a very brief
outline of the event is important and should be available. But don't expect
to be able to reduce the entry form, aquascaping info form and photo release
down to a one printed page document. People will have to read this, so the
text size has to be reasonable and they more than likely will be filling
them out by hand - the forms have to be sized so that normal handwriting can
be accomodated.

But the guidelines in this pdf can be slimmed way, way down.... with
reference being made to the complete set of guidelines in the other pdf and
the web site.

So, I suggest that we might have several pdf files available - a complete,
illustrated set of guidelines (the one I've already got done, which is
basically the entire web site minus the resources sections), a slimmer set
of abbreviated guidelines and the Entry form/AquaInfo form/ Photo Release,
and a Poster....

I have no problem taking a stab at the slimmer one - it will just take me a
day or two. Tomorrow I'm busy all afternoon with my local plant group. I
want to wait until tomorrow night before I send you the pdf that I have - I
may want to tweak a few things at the last minute.... once it's up on the
web i don't want to discover problems.