Re: Solicitation

Thanks for the leads Ken, I've contacted all but the last, which is
basically salt water only. No need to ask an outfit whose main customers
cannot enter.

I've also sent out requests to:

Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
AquaBotanic
Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc.
Aquatic Technology
Homegrown Hydroponics
SeaMe.com
PlantGuild Products

My list of "possibilities" is pretty much exhausted.... there may be a few
aquarium manufacturers (I can't find a valid link to All Glass, for example)
and I'm sure that there are publishers I haven't asked yet, and on the
outside, maybe places like Amazon.com, but to date, my list of "outs" has 83
solicitation letters sent.

I just hope to heavens that enough of them say "yes" to cover the required
38 prizes....

Karen, the thread on tax status was in no way a slap at whether or not the
AGA is a registered charity. I just found it unusual for a company to
require that before they would donate and since I didn't know if the AGA had
the status, I asked. I have worked for the Canadian equivalent of the IRS
for 15 years and know only too well the nightmare of regulations, forms,
hoops that an organization must fill out and perform in order to obtain such
a listing, and for many if not most hobbyist groups, the paperwork is just
not worth the effort. Since Canadian regulations are probably a bit
different from those in the U.S., I can't offer any advice or assistance,
only wish you well in navigating the morass.

Again, if anyone can think of a likely candidate as a prize sponsor... let
me know.