Re: when it _really_ counts.....

A complete entry includes:

Sending in, either electronically via the web site or through the mail, the
following:
1. A completed entry form/aquascape info form/photo release
2. From 2-5 photos of their aquascape.
3. A check for the appropriate amount.

#1 will probably happen first, at least partially (they'll give us the entry
form first). The aquascape info and photo release will probably come in WITH
the photos. They can pay now or later, their choice, but the entry isn't
valid (in my mind) until ALL parts have been received (and the check has
cleared their bank - anyone bouncing $5.00 on us is going to find themselves
out of luck). If Raymond registers now and sends in his entry fee, I see no
problem with holding his place until 30 September to receive his photos. But
if we get close to the final deadline and have a bunch of stragglers who
haven't submitted images and then a last minute flurry of complete entries
which would put us over 300, are you planning on turning people away?

If we DO intend to cut things off exactly at 300 MAX entries, you had better
tell Raymond, and anyone else who asks that we count only COMPLETE entries -
if 300 people send in all parts of their entries before Raymond submits his
photos, he is out of luck - this isn't a line-up at the supermarket
checkout.

James