RE: 37...

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> I've never actually been to Africa to see Lake Tanganyika, but I have seen
> films and videos done underwater there and aired on the Discovery Channel
> (as well as having several aquarium books with photos of the lake). I know
> that there are _some_ plants in the lake, but as I recall they are mostly
> grassy plants,

Right, Vallisneria aethiopica comes to mind.  The pictures I see involve
lots of rocks, and occasional bits of plants.  But you would certainly not
find these particular species in Lake Tanganyika.

On the other hand, it doesn't really have a "garden" look either, so maybe
the person was thinking more the "Natural" side rather than the biotope
side.  So (yes, I hate to be asking this stupid question), is the
Natural/Biotope category required to have biotopically-correct plants, or
is it just supposed to have a natural "look"?

I will e-mail the person in question and ask if they really intended it to
be in this category, and if not, reclassify them as artificial or
something.