Re: Natural vs Garden

> Good question Erik...... I hope some other folks chime in on this as
> well.... I'd like everyone to at least give it some thought.

OK, I'll chime...

I don't remember what we decided a Biotope/Natural tank would be, but
in my mind, it would consist of plants and animals that realistically
could occur in nature.  I'd say that a java fern in a betta bowl could
qualify ( sadly, I'm not going to be able to enter mine...), but an
african bolbitis in a betta bowl would not.  Personally, I would say
that a rift lake biotope would be pretty limited in what plants could
be in there....   I'm not an expert, but it sounds to me like this
entry is NOT a biotope.  It's unfortunate that the entrant will have
to compete against much more manicured gardens, but I feel that is the
category in which it belongs.
Dave Engle
Jacksonville, NC
Visit the Aquatic Plant Trading Board at:
http://coolboard.homestead.com/myboards.cfm?oid=2018519504483
or (if you can't remember that...)
http://www.PlantTrader.homestead.com