Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #375

KAREN!!! You're Back!

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Karen Randall wrote:

> Just something you might want to consider, if you are having numerous
> different voting bodies, one of two things will happen.  Either the same
> tanks will get multiple prizes, or you are essentially saying, "we don't
> agree with the judges we chose for this contest... here are the tanks WE
> think should have won."  I don't have any problem with a "people's choice",
> but I think if you split it too many ways, you might as well just hand out
> prizes to everyone and let them vote for themselves.

I was just going on what I've seen locally here, which is they have
popular choice and entrant's choice and judges' choice for best of show.

I wouldn't want to have "organizer's choice" in addition to all that.  The
above three have potentially three different viewpoints, which could be
interesting.  I don't even think we necessarily should hand out prizes for
the two voting awards.