Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #381

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Karen Randall wrote:

> Also, in terms of the cost over-run, while $150 would be nicer than $400,
> AGA committed to this project, and you guys have done an awesome job.  I
> give you my word that I will support the expense in committee, and I think I
> speak for Erik as well.  I don't forsee any problems even in a worst case
> scenario.

Heck yeah... I can't think of anything more worthy of the AGA spending
money on this year, other than the convention next month.  The goal was
not to make money, but to put on the showcase.  Anyway, that new steering
committee chair owes me a favor or two...

I'm starting to think that we may also make money on CD-ROMS.  I've tried
to browse the showcase from work, and there's a definite lag time on the
large images.  There's over 350 images in the showcase, many of which are
large and detailed.  If we include one more resolution on the CD-ROM (like
maybe a 1200 width version), it might be further incentive.