Re: Selling the Prize and Judging

I was in a local fish store over the weekend and had the chance to check out
a 72 gallon bow front All Glass Aquarium... n-i-c-e...

Selling it on e-bay would be fine by me, should the winner be from an area
where it cannot safely be delivered. Hopefully, All Glass won't have a
problem with this. We could have All Glass ship it to the buyer (actually,
it will be shipped to an aquarium store that currently carried All Glass
products close to the buyer - it will be up to the winner/buyer to actually
get it home).

As to Karen's suggestion of a plaque, should the ultimate winner be
off-shore, that's a good option (along with the bucks, of course). As for
TAG, well, I've already told Mary that she will be free to use any photos
submitted to the event in TAG - this is covered in the Photo Release
everyone had to give us. Hopefully, out of 70+ entries, Mary should have no
trouble with "cover art" for at least a year, possibly more. I've told her
that I'd like to do a small "wrap-up" article for TAG after November 30th,
and providing the winners are agreeable, we could also do focus pieces on
the category winners as well. These could increase interest in the event by
other AGA members.

Erik, do you have a breakdown of how many AGA / non-AGA entries we
attracted?

I like Jose's suggestion that we place a notice on the web site regarding
shipping/delivery of prizes and the possibility of us selling the prize and
awarding the cash in cases where we cannot get the prize to the winner. A
good idea for next year.

Regarding the "Judging Phase", I'm still waiting for Kaspar Horst to
subscribe to the judges mailing list. I've sent e-mail to him at both his
private address and the Dupla corporate address. I don't know how long we
should wait for him to respond - I don't want another "Amano" (silence).

Erik, are the entries /judging sections of the web-site ready for judging
yet?