Re: Update Info

Jose wrote:

"I know Erick has a lot of work right now but it would be nice to post some
update information on the website about how things are going. Maybe the
final
categories, number of entrants/aquascapes and prizes. If the info is
published
we could send a little note to APD and newsgroups directing them to the
site. I
don?t know how much info outside people have about how things are going."

The front page of the web site was updated once the event closed for
entries, and it does say that we had entries from all over the world, that
they judges are now doing their "thing", and that final results will be
announced on November 30th.

I don't want to post specific numbers of entries in individual categories at
this point in time, because the judges could always move entries from one
category to another if they feel that something is mis-classified. Also,
should any entrant bounce their entry fee check they are out of here and we
won't know that for a while. I don't want to publish numbers until I'm
pretty sure that this isn't going to happen (I'm not about to send a prize
to someone who stiffs us for $5.00).

I did post a note to the APD regarding the closing of the event. I'm nervous
about the newsgroups...... I got a really nasty e-mail from a person
accusing me of posting spam in the latter part of the pre-closure period.
The newsgroups can wait until November 30th to hear more from me on this
event.

James