Re: Proof comments

From: James Purchase
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: Proof comments

> ...you are right Dave regarding the placement of the "Aquatic
> Gardeners Association" - I would like to see that above the
> logo.

I vote for that, also.

> Everything seems to be center justified (that isn't a problem
> with me), and we can change the typeface and  whether of
> not something is bold or italic.

I'd think that centering is commonplace - or at least that's what I'd
picture.

> Should I ditch the "2000" bit? I know its not in the official name,
> I just put it in to see if it would work (doesn't seem to....).

"2000" works far better than "First Annual" ;-)   If you wanted to emphasize
the importance of the fact that it's the first in a series, how about
"Inaugural"?

> Maybe I should ditch the italics for "International Aquascaping
> Showcase & Contest", and lose the bold for "Best of Show".
>
> Any comments about relative type size (i.e. which should be
> bigger, which smaller)?

Shift the italics to the AGA Logo (as is their style) and go a smaller
demi-bold. Normal bold on the "IAS&G" with *it* larger than the AGA logo -
the plaque should announce the event, not place so much emphasis on the
primary sponsor.

Perhaps change the personal name from italics to script?

Those are my initial thoughts...

-Y-

James