Re: Wrinkle!

Don wrote:
> Do you think that a Dutch aquarist would like something with a Japanese
> method in it? I know Frode has been teased in the Aquariacentral boards
about
> a single "break" in his "plant wall" and everyone said that that single
break
> in the plant wall made his tank Japanese and was he turning over to the
"dark
> side", Japanese side, of the aquascaping world. Frode said something like
"No
> thanks, Dutch aquascaping only here." So I don't know.

Hahahahha...... the Dutch style is nice, but personally I find it very
"50's" (i.e., retro, old-fashioned). Amano has a totally different approach
(at least in my mind) that is much more modern. From what I know of Dutch
judging methods, I would guess that they could teach Martha Stewart a few
things about being anal retentive. I think it is probably VERY appropriate
to give them something to think about....... <evil grin>.

> If Frode is willing to take the AH Supply lighting setup and refuses the
> Amano books, then suggest to him to get a step-down transformer. I've
given
> my sister in the Philippines several electronics items from here
(microwave,
> computer) and all she did was get a transformer to make those items work
in
> their voltage. The transformer has worked fine.

You may be onto something with that. Come to think of it, since Toronto is
such a cosmopolitan city, people are always shipping electronic equippment
off to family and friends "back home", so maybe that's a viable suggestion I
could make to Frode. He could buy a transformer (I'm not going to suggest
that we provide him with one).

James