Re: Umm, not that I contributed much to the first one...

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Dave Engle wrote:

> But weren't we pretty far along in organizing the first contest at this time
> last year?  I'd really like to see this contest become an annual thing...

Well, for comparison purposes, we officially launched on St. Patrick's Day
last year.  I don't remember if we'd already gotten the arsenal of e-mail
addresses prepared by then; I don't think we had the sponsors yet.  It
would certainly be nice to have the prize sponsors in place before
official announcement (so they can get max advertising "bang" from
visiting hopefuls).

Now this year we don't have quite as much prep work needed.  I would see
that "we" would need to at least ask the AGA for budget (will there be
changes needed?).  But the basic structure is in place already.

Anyway, I think we're in holding until James chimes in better.

> last year's, then this year's contest will be much larger...  We'll likely
> get all of last year's entrants as well as all of the "oh, my tank looks
> better than that..." people...

I wonder about whether we should have some sort of rule about entering the
same tank again.  Perhaps if it is, there should be a clause about it
being "this year's photos" of it?