Re: I'm Baaaaack...........

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Anthony Baker wrote:

> Also, are there any dates set yet?  Is there any more information on what we
> all need to do before the contest gets underway, or am I just getting ahead
> of myself? :-)

Here are some of my experiences:

I would say that having the winner announcements at the convention was
very convenient (and from my perspective, very fun to announce this all in
front of a live audience).  Working backwards, this means closing on
approximately September 15th.  We held over the deadline until the 30th
last year because of low turnout & publicity, and September 11th.

Another interesting date is the weekend of April 12th, which is the
Northeast Council workshop (www.northeastcouncil.org), an event
traditionally frequented by many AGA'ers.  This was when we announced the
showcase back in 2000.  It might be an opportunity for some announcements
as well.  Or not.

Magazine leads will be the most important to get out early, of course.
Should be easy with two years of press kit experience behind us now.

Getting leads on judges is also good early, but not TOO early... one of
our judges last year essentially disappeared between the time he offered
and when we actually needed him!