RE: Paypal (was Address change and or renewal)

Tony wrote:

I use paypal as a "seller" for all my auctions, and I find that it works
quite well, and is totally worth the small fee they take because of the
convenience of the service.  Plus, I think that the 1.5/2% the credit card
companies would charge for a merchant account, it is definitely worth it for
the paypal.  You could even up the contest/membership fee a bit to make up
the difference, and I bet people would still use it more, as it is a lot
easier than writing a check and finding an envelope!!

Also, from the seller side, the account(s) can be configured to deposit
directly into any standard bank account -- that is what I do.

I did a bit of research on using paypal a few weeks ago for Erik, as I
suggested using it as a means to join the AGA and buy things like the CDRoms
and Videos... I think that people in 38 countries (pretty much the developed
ones that would likely have people interested in the AGA) can use the Paypal
service.

Hope this helps!
-Tony

Dave writes:

That's pretty much what I figured.  I don't want to rush this, but it might
be a good idea to get rolling on this so we can have everything ready for
the publicity.  We would obviously need to include this information in any
entry information, and should give it a mention in the other publicity, too.
April 12-13 is less than a month away.  (Ooo, tax day is April 15th for the
US'ers as well.)

I know I used to hear a lot of bad things about PayPal, but I've never
understood exactly what the drawbacks were.  Is there anyone here who has
had a bad experience or thinks this is a bad direction to go in?

Thanks,

Dave VanderWall