RE: Paypal (was Address change and or renewal)

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Dave VanderWall wrote:

> I know I used to hear a lot of bad things about PayPal, but I've never
> understood exactly what the drawbacks were.  Is there anyone here who has
> had a bad experience or thinks this is a bad direction to go in?

The stories I'd heard were about unscrupulous sellers ripping bidders off
and PayPal refusing to step in and get the buyers' money back.  I'm a
little bit miffed at their gradual pull towards merchant accounts (you may
notice it now encourages people to just "instant pay"... this charges even
personal accountholders the extra overhead.)

As we're the seller, no problem.