RE: Staging Site

Erik,

While waiting for my morning java to brew, I registered with the staging
site, intending to enter a botanical drawing. I got registered ok and
received my confirmation email and was able to log onto the site but then
I'm stymied - the only option I'm presented with is "Add New Aquascape".

Since we now have three "Divisions", perhaps you could have people select
which "Division" they wish to enter FIRST, before they are prompted to "Add
New Aquascape".

Something like:

Choose the Division you wish to enter/work with:
        Aquascaping Division
        Garden Pond Division
        Botanical Art Division
(only allow ONE choice per entry)

The next screen could ask:
What do you wish to submit:
        Add New Aquascape
        Add New Garden Pond
        Add New Botanical Art
(again only allow ONE choice)

Then, based upon their prior selections, they could be presented with one of
three "Data Entry Forms", specific to entering an Aquascape, a Pond or an
Illustration.

In the New Aquascape page, the first question - "Has this aquascape been
entered in our previous contest?" - the drop down list presented needs
another choice. "This aquascape was entered in the 2001 Contest."

For the Garden Pond division, I guess that we should be interested in the
dimensions of the pond (L x W x D), the gallonage, plants and animals living
in the pond and those plants around the pond. I dunno if people give their
ponds "titles" or names.

In the Botanical Art division, we would want to know the media used for the
original artwork, its size and the species depicted. A "title" section would
definately be appropriate here, as well as a section for the entrant to give
a longer written description of their artwork.

It is my feeling that the entry screens for all three divisions should
present to the viewer differently - if someone is forced to enter a drawing
into a form that is looking for "size of aquascape" they will only get
confused and the same goes for the pond entrants.

Please don't try to add these choices to the "Category" section of the "Add
New Aquascape" form (along with Aquatic Garden, Biotope, Artificial or
Paludarium) as you are currently doing, UNLESS of course, if you change the
name of the form from "Add New Aquascape" to "Add New Entry" and then
generalize the details of the other fields to be inclusive enough to be
applicable to all three types of entries (trying to combine all three into
ONE form is gonna lead to confusion - why would we want to know how many
gallons their sketch/drawing holds???). That's why I suggest having them
select the Division first and then presenting them with one of three "Data
Entry forms" based upon their chosen division.

But you're the webmaster......

James