RE: entry fee for AGA Contest

Hi folks,

Greetings from my sickbed in Canada........

I'm still "in recovery", and not getting around much yet, but I have been
able to follow the APD and various forums.

I'd just like to put in my two cents worth regarding the entry fee. I DON'T
think its a good idea to be offering a "cut rate" to members of any
particular group, unless the group was AGA members. We discussed that at
length a few years ago during the planning stages for the initial
Showcase/Contest. The entry fee isn't high enough to be a realistic
impediment to anyone seriously interested in participating and I don't think
that Aquabotanic's forum members ought to enjoy a "special break" over
anyone else. This isn't anything against that forum, or its members, but if
you start offering "deals" like this to one group, it just opens the door to
everyone to start asking for a similar "break". The next thing you know,
we'd likely be named in a lawsuit filed by you know who for not giving
PetSWEARhouse customers a free ride....

But of course, that's only _my_ opinion.......

Now, back to bed..........

James