Re: [AGA Contest] Re: biotope suggestions link

Hmmm.  I guess that isn't quite what I anticipated.

My initial comment yesterday was to the effect that the biotope category
should be dropped.  In the course of discussion I decided that amputation was
perhaps a draconian measure.  The category does appeal to people who may not
otherwise be interested in the contest and it does give them an opportunity
to compete. I thought the main problem was that the category needed a more
substantial definition.

Steve's suggestions actually would remove the category, but it would do so in
a different way.  The guidelines effectively turn the biotope/nature aquarium
category into a separate contest; it would have different entrance
requirements and a different scoring system.  The overall emphasis is so
different that it should probably even have different judges.

I could come up with some specific comments, but I think it's more important
to first ask; do we want to go that far?

Roger Miller