Re: [AGA Contest] judge scoring...

Hey, some of the judges aren't that good as judges either
-- being a good painter doesn't make you a good critic.
But this contest makes very good choices about judges.

I disagree. There is always a lot of complaining about the judges every
year. I have always felt that some of them were pretty inept at the
aesthetic aspects of the hobby. It shows in their tanks and their
comments. Many, including me, don't find the commentary very
helpful.

Sometimes, I see real bloopers like one judge stating that a certain
plant in the tank was stunting. The tank didn't even have that plant
species in the first place, nor was it listed in the "plant" section.

> OK, on to my next delimma.  Judges.  I've now had several
> suggestions of
> people... but they're the *same* people who are judging
> the AB contest and
> now the DFWAPC contest.  They'll probably even be judging
> a lot of the
> same tanks.  I think we need some diversity here.

Diff judges by any and all means. People complain like
crazy about the judging. Let's not worry too much about
famous -esp if we have Amano, just choose folks that will
probably be good at it.

I don't think completely different judges are necessary. If they're
good judges, they're good judges. Perhaps not famous but at least
someone who has qualifications.

Carlos