[AGA-Contest] Disturbing Technical Difficulties (111)

I was going to post this morning when we hit 100, but figured I'd just stay on track with the last-thing-before-going-to-bed posts like I've done the last few days. So first off, Yowza! Hats off to Carlos once again. A bit more than 24 hours left, Jeff Senske is uploading his first aquascape, and we're getting close to doubling last year's entries. Super cool!

This morning I got an e-mail "Major Problems with Website!" from someone who couldn't enter an aquascape. He kept getting an error that he hadn't entered the sizes (the only required fields in the entry!). After calming him down (his e-mail: "Let me know when you've fixed the site so I can get my entry done!"), and leading him through it on the phone, and doing it succesfully myself only to have his browser hit the error, we determined that his browser must have something on it clearing all the numerical fields (Spyware perhaps?). Switching to Mozilla/Netscape cleared up the problem. Yikes!

Image formats: Nothing so bad as when someone last year uploaded their planting plan in MS Publisher, but I have gotten WORD documents, unreadable .bmp files, GIF's, and tonight, .png files. And the unnecessarily-large letterboxing continues. Bizarre!

Speaking of Senske and image formats, he uploaded a 29-megabyte TIFF earlier this evening. Yes, it worked.

Signing off for tonight (I'm going to add .png detection and conversion to the validation/rescale software now),