[AGA-Contest] Re: AGA Aquascaping Contest: Still Haven't Gotten Your Release Form! (fwd)

Note for next year: Discuss ways to legally do the photo release through the net. Record number of people who, though quite capable of spending hundreds of bucks and hours a year on super substrate, CO2, 20 watts per gallon of compact fluorescent lighting, hundreds more on digital photo equipment and broadband internet, seem unable to mail a letter. Yes I'm grumpy about it...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:27:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Olson <erik@thekrib.com>
To: Pedro Borges <mrpcb_sp1@mail.netcabo.pt>
Subject: Re: AGA Aquascaping Contest: Still Haven't Gotten Your Release Form!

Hi Pedro,

Seriously, if I was being beaurocratic, I would have cancelled the entries that weren't complete on the 15th. Instead, I'm basically giving everyone an extra month and a half to send it. And I'm even sending reminder notices. Doesn't that seem reasonable? It's strange that back in 2000 and 2001 when everyone had to enter through the post office, we had no complaints about having to send the release form, but now that everything else can be done online, a fair number of people are complaining that they cannot mail a letter.

So please, just drop the page in the mail.  You've still got 3 weeks left.
I don't know the legalities of the issue, I'm just relying on the material set up by the committee back in 1999.

Thanks,

  - Erik