RE: [AGA-Contest] Sponsors

Wow. A JOhnny used to say, "I did not know that!" At least,
I didn't know all the specifics involved in the deal that
was made with DFWAPC. But I wasn't commenting on that
anyway. I only meant that web ads, which at one time
brought in very nice prices, went into the toilet a few
years ago and never really recovered very much. My point
was only that we might not get as much as we hope.

I'd rather have lots of sponsors at a lower price than a
few at a higher one.

sh

--- Ricky Cain <rlcain1@earthlink.net> wrote:

> IMO yes indeed. That is why I proposed the idea to Erik,
> to get exposure for
> DFWAPC and at the same time, it helps the AGA.
>
> I have to do some reeling in here. I proposed the idea on
> behalf of DFWAPC
> and we were the first to offer cash/prize/whatever. We
> already know what the
> market will bear from the non-profit plant organizations
> because has alreasy
> been stated. I have to insist that we the DFWAPC have the
> first choice of
> where we are in the showcase sponsorship. We can try to
> match any price set
> by commercial entities. Milk the commercial people for
> all they are worth
> but let us not forget how we got into this discussion in
> the first place.
>
> I am not trying to start a pissing match or flame. I am
> just trying to make
> sure that DFWAPC's initial offer of goodwill, cooperation
> and generosity is
> not cast aside because all of a sudden we have discovered
> there is money to
> be made.
>
> Ricky

The AGA's Sixth Annual International Aquascaping Contest is open!

Enter more than once. Enter entirely electronically!

So, get some fresh alkalines for the camera, clean the glass front, back and
sides, remove the filter tubes and burping clam, and start snapping the
shutter.

Not ready for picture taking yet? There's still plenty of time for planning,
planting, pruning before the Septbember 15, 2005, closing date for entries.

All the info is here:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org