Re: [AGA-Contest] contest stuff

Erik,

Does this email not allow me to add an attachment?

Bailin

From: "Bailin Shaw" <bailin_shaw@hotmail.com>
To: aga-contest@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: [AGA-Contest] contest stuff
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 04:59:26 +0000

Hmmm...  Attachment didn't come through.  Let's try again.

B.

From: "Bailin Shaw" <bailin_shaw@hotmail.com>
To: erik@thekrib.com
CC: aga-contest@thekrib.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 04:57:56 +0000

Hi Erik and All,

Thanks for some clarification on what the duties might entail for the contest. I think I have created some committees that should help spread the work out amongst a number of individuals. Now, we just have to start getting people to populate those committee and start things rolling. I remember someone mentioning that there might have been an advertisement for June 1 to be the opening date for the contest. Is this really the case or have we made a decision yet? If it June 1, we better get cracking on making some announcements and getting an advertisement crew together quick. Otherwise, I'd suggest that we push it back to the middle of the month to allow us time to get organized. Anyway, look through the very brief excel doc and make any additional suggestions for additional committees or duties.

One additional question, who will do the uploading of the entries into the website? I'm not altogether clear on whether Erik will still be responsible or will others need to take over the duties.

Thanks.
Bailin

More things I found via the archives that will need to be handled... :)

  * Solicit category sponsors

  * Send obnoxious reminder e-mails to people who haven't sent in their
    photo release or paid (I might co-do this with someone)

* Design any new banner ads, masthead, and other supporting graphics for
    the site

and most importantly:

  * read postings on APC, or sit in a room with forum-heads telling you
    how much our contest sucks
    and it needs to be done X way... I beleive that Larry has taken this
    job most recently

  - E