Re: [AGA-Contest] contest stuff

So, do we want to make some announcements regarding the opening of the contest on June 15th? It would probably be a good idea to give everyone a heads up. We can also use the opportunity to solicit help. I'm not going to start contacting people for help yet until the official announcement is made. However, it's not clear from the document who was involved with what last year. Who did the awards, who contacted the forums, etc. If I could have a breakdown of where the duties were assigned, I could start getting in touch with people now.

Thanks.
Bailin

From: Erik Olson <erik@thekrib.com>
To: Bailin Shaw <bailin_shaw@hotmail.com>
CC: aga-contest@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: contest stuff
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Bailin Shaw wrote:

announcements and getting an advertisement crew together quick. Otherwise, I'd suggest that we push it back to the middle of the month to allow us time to get organized.

I think this would be sensible. I am about to go on vacation for the next 5 days and would not be able to have the website ready, especially if there are any changes.

One additional question, who will do the uploading of the entries into the website? I'm not altogether clear on whether Erik will still be responsible or will others need to take over the duties.

The uploading is now 95% done by the entrants themselves. Last year only a very small handful were sent by mail. I am willing to process these.