[AGA-Contest] (no subject)

Hello All,

So, here are some of my proposed deadlines for the contest progression.  Since
this is my first go around as the chair, I'm very open to suggestions and
advice.  So, please feel free to share!

June 8th: Make announcements to forums and email lists about the opening date
of the contest and solicit volunteers for the committees created for the contest

June 15th: Announce the opening of the contest.  Again, solicit for volunteers.

July 1st: Have graphics, awards, judges, and PR/Advertising committees in place
with assigned duties.

August 1st: Have judges lined up for the contest.

August 31st: Have major awards lined up

September 30th: Close contest to further entries.

November ?: Announce winners at convention and open showcase for viewing.
These are just suggested dates for the contest.  I'll have a blurb for everyone
to read and edit before posting about the contest by this evening.  Hopefully
this goes smoothly and will be a good learning experience to build on for
future contests.

Here are some other thoughts I had regarding the contest.  I'd like to have a
rolling announcement about the contest at least every 2 weeks after the
official opening date of the contest.  This will be the responsibility of the
chair at first and will be transferred to the PR/Advertisement committee once
that committee is formed.  Also, when would we like to have graphics in place
for the contest website?  Are we going to use some of the original graphics
from previous years?  We can certainly replace some of the graphics as the
contest progresses with newly designed graphics by our committee, but I'd like
to have something up for peoples "viewing pleasure".  I'd also like to have
updates every other week from the committees to the BOD and Chair on the
progress of awards, judges, graphics, etc. up to July 31st and then follow it
up with weekly updates or on an as-need basis up to the end of the contest.

Anyway, look over these date and make any additional suggestions and comments
that would be helpful to me and the committees.

Thanks.
Bailin Shaw