Re: [AGA-Contest] FW: RE: 2007 Aquascaping Contest

They're fine by me...so feel free to ignore my overkill critique:

The first two feel derivative of previous year's looks.  The first three
are all very "busy", almost too much so.

The fourth, as a concept, is the most original and intriguing, with the
cardinals mirrored in the pattern of the flags.  It's one of those things
that I think could easily inspire related graphics like banners and page
bumpers.  I agree with Scott that the contrast reduction/blur on the image
ruins it for me.  It makes what was a great looking aquascape

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2006.cgi?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=2&id=93

end up looking amateurish, like this freak's pictures:

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2006.cgi?&op=showcase&category=3&vol=-1&id=135

   - Erik