Re: [AGA-Contest] AGA-Contest Digest, Vol 34, Issue 25

As a judge, I want to say that if we increase the number of entries per
person (and there for the number of entries in the competition) we will have
to begin using some sort of pre-judging selection system the way ADA does.
Our judging system is already much harder/more time consuming than the ADA
contest, and it's just too much to ask of the judges.  As it is, I think
half or less of the judges have commented on every tank, and I really think
those comments are what make our competition SO different than ADA's.

I would have no problem with the idea of letting people put in more entries
non-judged, but we had that option in the beginning, and NO ONE took
advantage of it.

If someone has 6 tanks running, they can't all be of equal quality.  I think
the entrant needs to make a judgment call, and submit his/her best work.

I do, however strongly feel that we need to re-vamp the scoring for
Biotopes.  I would also REALLY like to see us spread the point system out
over 200 points the way ADA does.  That would make it much easier not to
keep having to move tanks down one point at a time to get everything lined
up in the right order.

Karen