Re: [AGA-Contest] AGA Aquascaping Contest: Entry Incomplete

The original idea for the event was a contest *and* showcase but the showcase part just faded away like General MacArthur. I think folks either felt their stuff was good enough to compete or not good enough to show.

----- Original Message ----
From: Phil Edwards <biotypical@hotmail.com>
To: AGA Aquascaping Contest Planning <aga-contest@thekrib.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:58:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AGA-Contest] AGA Aquascaping Contest: Entry Incomplete

Once I get my house and important stuff in order and tanks all up and running I'm going to have more than 3 running.  I'm fairly certain that at this point my technique is so far behind the A-list that I'd never win, but I still want to enter all my tanks for the sake of support.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of people like me out there who either have more than 3 tanks or over the course of the year have more than 3 different aquascapes to enter.

It's really bugged me in the past to see people enter aquascapes they've done under a different person's name (ADG comes to mind) in order to bypass the 3 per person rule.  I'm in wholehearted agreement with the spirit behind the limitation and think it should be maintained for competition.  However, seeing as this is a showcase of aquascapes, limiting entries seems a little counterproductive.

What if we limited the number of entries to be judged in the competition to 3 and then let folks have as many Comment Only/Non-judged entries as they'd like?  I realize that some folks will still try to circumvent the rules if they're so inclined, but it would give those of us who otherwise wouldn't an opportunity to show off more than 3 aquascapes.  I'd even be willing to pay the entry fee for all the non-judge entries I'd submit.

But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :)