Re: [AGA-Contest] AGA Aquascaping Contest: Entry Incomplete

We had a power outage last night, and I just got the computers back up.

Not 2003. If you look at the entries, there's no possible way. The winning entry was Mr. Hofteizer's all-red aquascape.

I will bet you mean 2002, in which the winning EXTRA-LARGE category was a Jeffrey Senske tank (credited as such), but photographed by a fellow named Larry Wright. It is one of three Jeff Senske entries, all in that category. In Biotope, there is the winning tank by Mike Senske. And over in Paludarium there are two entries from ADG, one credited to Lee Clifton and one to "ADG Design Team". The only one that strikes me as potentially inappropriate would have been this last tank. And I beleive I asked him about this point. It was quite a while ago, so I don't know the answer. I do suspect it was satisfactory. Based on what I know of Jeff and Mike, I am pretty sure Jeff created only the three tanks credited towards him.

That doesn't change the IMPRESSION that people have, which clearly persists years after the fact and long since ADG has reduced their participation in the contest.

The "don't judge" was removed after the first or second year, as NOBODY checked that box, NOBODY called it a showcase except for some of the organizers. I certainly can add it back in at the descretion of the current team and organizer.

Finally, though any yahoo could enter the contest with a fake name (cough cough entry 135 in 2006), I don't think that should be a reason to remove the rules.

  - Erik