RE: Vendor Contact for AGA Contest and AGA Convention

Luis,

Charlene Nash passed your name and email address to me in connection with
the AGA Convention. I am coordinating the AGA Contest this year. I
understand from Charlene that you have agreed to act as the local contact in
Houston for shipment and storage of products donated to both the Contest and
the Convention.

Due to the fact that many of the needs of both events in the area of vendor
contact are the same or very similar, I am very interested in all interested
parties working on this in a cooperative manner and presenting a common
front to the vendors we hope will support us. It will be less than helpful
if multiple people are contacting the same vendors looking for donations to
several events.

I'm also aware of the fact that while the Contest is looking mainly for
items to use as prizes, the Convention is looking for other types of support
as well. I'm sure that we can develop a common strategy and tailor our
approach in a manner which serves everyone's needs and does not cause any
confusion in the minds of vendors. Again, this sort of thing is best done in
concert with everyone involved rather than each event going off on their own
in isolation.

I have a list of companies which I contacted in 2000 for the Contest, and I
recorded the results of each contact made. I am attempting to obtain similar
information relating to last year (for both Contest and Convention). I wish
to combine the historical results we have achieved to be able to help us
plan the best mode of attack for this year's events.

I would like to know if you have contacted any companies in connection with
this year's events, what you asked of them, and any results or feedback you
have received to date. I also ask that if you have been soliciting
independently this year, that you hold off on making any further contacts
until we can develop a common approach which will benefit everyone.

I'm looking forward to working with you on this and think that we can make
this year's Contest and Convention the best ever.

Regards,

James Purchase
Toronto