Non native species going native

One just can't be to careful about keeping non native species from getting
into local environment. Even then it happens.
I live in the greater Seattle area and to my dismay, I unintentionally let
Japanese Firebelly newts into my yard. Five years after I had kept them, I
found one in my artificial swamp. NEVER was one turned out. Apparently there
were eggs that I didn't know about in water I dumped in the garden which
borders on the swamp area. Against the odds, some survived. It has been
couple years now since I have seen any but more could be there since they
aren't exactly outgoing. Fortunately, I am not connected to or any where
near open water and the neighbors use lots of pesticides.

June