From: owner-aga-member@thekrib.com
[mailto:owner-aga-member@thekrib.com]On Behalf Of DWS
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 6:36 PM
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: Re: Aga Members List (fwd)

I agree.

I remember reading several months ago on alt.aquaria about a man asking for
large fish donations.  He would take any fish that you didnt want or that
had outgrown the aquarium for his 12 acre pond.  He was locaed somewhere in
the south, and he had loaded this strip mine with platys, mollies, corys,
oscars, and any other tropical / aquarium fish he could get to survive in
it.

I read a follow up a few weeks later.  He thanked everyone that had donated,
and then informed us he no longer needed donations, as he may have to poison
the pond and start over.  The Local Fish and Game had told him they would
charge him with a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR FINE per exotic fish that was found
any any local water ways, that could have possibly came from his property.

Now there were alot of flames from the posters, so Im not sure if the fish
and game story was true or not, but it gets your attention.  This story was
with fish, however it is illegal in some states to import certain aquarium
plants.  An example is Hygro in Floridia *to name one of several*.

Some of these things spawn like crazy in our tanks, imagine how well they
could do in the wild.  Karen is right.

Just My 2 Cents US
Dustin