Re: [AGA Member] Pellia

Indeed, it's near bouyancy doesn't make it a lot easier to
emplace.  In fact, I think a few of us lost track of ours
when we underestimated the requisite containment.  Still,
it's an interesting property; most plants, excepting algae,
float if you break them from the tyrannical bonds of the
substrate.

I'm curious how this ersatz mobility effects the plant in
its natural environs.  It seems to tear easily, so I'd
suspect that a moderately large clump would tend to break
off under current if the clump was anchored or snagged.  It
doesn't use roots yet it tends to reside at the bottom of
whatever water body it's in?

Scott H.