Re: [AGA Member] Re: automatic substrate surface cleaning system

I can't see what the blowers are going to accomplish except
maybe, in theory, keep the substrate from turning foul
after a long time.  But that's also what the substrate
cables are supposed to do -- at least if you can run them
everyday, even in summer.

I would expect biofilm to develop on the air wands (as it
does on everything left in a vital aquatic environment),
eventually resulting in rather large bubbles rather than a
fine "mist" from the wands and that would really stir up
the substrate.  I'm guessing at this; I've never seen this
kind of set up.  What was the inspiration?

Scott H.