Re: [AGA Member] Lime It -- What's in it.

I always wondered if, in that application, you would get
continual leaching of the alkaline materials into the
water.  I don't guess that it's a problem but I suppose if
it was an issue, you could seal the concrete.

For backgrounds you might wnat to use what's called
"plastic cement", which isn't made of vinyl but is portland
cement with an added resin that lends terrific plasticity
to the wet mixture and increased resistance to water
penetration..

If the water is acidic, it will slowly eat away the
concrete, but that will take years and years and years and
years, unless you keep very acidic water.  You can see the
slightly acid rain do the ame thing to sidewalks in the
northeast USA, but you have to watch for a long time ;-)