[AGA Member] Re: AGA Member - Digest V1 #15

Cement ponds are usually just filled and emptied
several times or scrubbed with a weak acid solution
which is supposed to neutralize the free lime after
which pH isn't supposed to be much of a problem.  I
wonder about very low level leaching though.  You can
of course seal them.  I've seen designs for all cement
tanks with glass fronts.  This interested me because I
could see forming planting pockets in the walls, a
stone like finish covered with fern, no back corners
at all, etc.  The idea of alot of space, front to
back, with the back sort of sloping away into the
distance with no obvious corners seems to have alot of
potential.  The designs I've seen are old, pre-silicon
sealer days (and basically just had flat backs).  Has
anyone tried such a tank using silicon sealer to hold
in the glass?  Or used another method?