Re: [AGA Member] aquascaping contest

Hi folks,

At the moment, pros are free to enter their clients' aquaria to their
heart's content.  However, any one "pro" is limited to entering only three
entries, just as everyone else is.

I probably mentioned this last fall when Phil originally proposed this
separation, but my feeling is that the number of categories we currently
have for the "planted" aquaria works well with the placings (I hesitate to
say "prizes" because we don't have a lot of prizes) we have.  To split out
"pros" would essentially dilute struggling categories like Biotope and
Paludarium, and (most likely) effect little change in the "extra large"
aquatic garden category where the Sens...umm... I mean "pros" entered all
their tanks.

So my feeling is that separating categories doesn't make sense until the
contest grows to double its current size.

  - Erik

PS: Last call on volunteers for the contest...

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com