[AGA Member] Help Needed

Hi Folks,

I think everyone has been happy with our change to an all color TAG.  We
would like to be able to continue printing TAG in color, and eventually even
increase the page count.  We are extremely fortunate that Kathy Olson
stepped forward and took over the job of vendor relations.  She has brought
in a number of the advertisements that are helping to sustain TAG.  We could
use a few more, but we are getting closer to our goal.

But as you are probably aware, color printing is frightfully expensive,
particularly in small numbers.  That's where you come in.  We are looking
for someone (or several people who will work together) who would be willing
to help the AGA expand membership.  If we have members in other countries
who are willing to help, so much the better.  The more international we are,
the more we can share with and learn from one another.

Through our efforts to improve the benefits offered to AGA members, we have
had a steady increase in AGA membership.  But considering the number of
aquatic gardeners we know are out there, AND the way the hobby is growing
world wide, we could (should?) have many more.  With a larger membership
base, the cost to the organization per copy of TAG would drop substantially.
This in turn would put the organization on more solid ground financially and
ensure the continuation of TAG in full color. (not to worry... we're doing
OK, but we could use a better "buffer" against unforeseen difficulties)  A
bigger budget would also help us to finance more and different programs and
benefits for our members.

So if you'd be willing to volunteer a small amout of time to the AGA for
publicity and membership drive, please contact me.  Even an hour a month
could make a significant contribution.  If someone wanted to spend more
time, or if more people volunteered an hour apiece, the impact would be that
much larger!

For those of you who don't feel that you can make even this committment,
think about this.  If every one of you showed your TAG to just one new
aquarist, and got them to join this year, the impact on our membership
numbers would be HUGE.  You don't need to do a lot to help a little!  If you
are a member of a local aquarium club, and would like to take some brochures
to your meetings, let us know.  Cheryl Rogers, our wonderful TAG layout
person and membership chair has designed a lovely brochure that can be
printed out on your printer, or we can mail you some.

Thanks, everyone!

Karen