Re: [AGA Member] Re: Red Pigment-K spectrum anecdotes

Ok, I'll join in here. I have a 72 gallon tank with CO2 & Tom Barr's recommended fertilizer routine and 220W of 6700K PCF bulbs. NOTHING in the tank gets much red at all - Gratiola officionalis, Rotala macranda, Eusteralis stellata, Rotala indica, Ludwigia sp (probably repens), and some very pretty (in other tanks) sunset hygro all range from vibrant green to (at best) brownish red. I can take beautiful red plants, put them in there, and watch them go completely green in a week or less.

However, Alternanthera reineckii turns a gorgeous vibrant pink-purple, even on the top leaves.

-Rachel