[AGA Member] Re: AGA Member - Digest V1 #66

> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:34:47 -0700
> From: June & Doug Olberding <jdolb1@comcast.net>
> Subject: [AGA Member] Re: Red Pigment-K spectrum anecdotes
>
> Hi Kate,
> I think you are correct that it is likely the CO2 and ferts. Indica is one
> of my favorite stem plants. Our water conditions tend to be similar since I
> live in same area. The indica only gets lush and bright colored when I keep
> the ferts up. CO2 is canned so remains pretty constant.
> June
Rachel,
I am inclined to still think it is the ferts/ CO2. Here is why. I use a
modified Tom Barr method. That means I add ferts according to his
recommendations and do water changes when I can. ;-> WC's probably get done
every two weeks on my high light tanks, sometimes less often, and since I am
one of those folks who "over do" things, my tanks are probably pretty rich.
Our light values are very close and upon looking , the indica is bright pink
in the open "sun" but green in a shaded area.  Might be interesting to see
what happens if you push the macro's up a bit but don't be surprised if the
Alternanthera r develops more brown tones.
This tank houses livebearers so KH is 5-8, GH 10-16, Coral and dolomite
produced but don't know that that should have any influence?
June