  From: RUDY STA ANA<mailto:rsta_ana@yahoo.com>
  To: aga-member@thekrib.com<mailto:aga-member@thekrib.com>
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 8:39 AM
  Subject: [AGA Member] HELP W/ 180 GAL PLANT TANK

  Hello, Everybody!
  I am a new member-1st post- and started planted
  aquarium when you had your convention here in Houston
  last year. I converted my 75 gal fish tank to planted
  and after 6 mos grew Ludwigia and Stargrass pretty
  good w/ Carbo Plus. I thought that I needed more space
  for both plant and fish and thereby invested in a 180
  gal.
  I had mediocre results-a little daily pearling and
  respectable growth on plants using Seachem Flourish a
  lot cheaper than Dupla 24 drops).
  I had to tear it down due to problems w/ tank that is
  covered w/ warranty.
  I had the replacement running for about a month now
  and have algae problems and non-pearling. I know or I
  think at least that the algae were result of adding
  Seachem's nitrogen and phospate. Since then only used
  Flourish, Potassium, and Iron - 10 ml ea/wk with
  40-50% weekly water change. I have 480 watts of PC and
  60 of reg flourescent(total 540) and pumps about 2 bps
  of CO2 gas.
  My tank has 0 ppm NH3 & NO2. PH=7.2 and about 10-11
  deg KH & GH, Temp= 82deg. I have 5 3.5 in Discus, 10
  o-cats, 20 Cardina J.,and 10 hatchets and 7 Corydoras.
  Can you guys help me out as to which kind and brand of
  ferts to use. Is my temp to high? Any help from
  anybody will be greatly appreciated. I am just
  desperate to grow a nice healthy planted tank.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---