Re: [AGA Member] help about fluorescent bulb

Hi guys,
  Thanks for all the information you provided, I
really appreciate that. I will check out those sites
to see if they have bulbs specially for red plants.

 The plants do look better under 5000-6500k bulbs
since those bulbs usually produce 'warmer' light than
10000 bulbs do. But, my problem is actually that my
red plants don't grow as red as they are supposed to
be.
 I use 10000k bulbs because they usually produce more
blue and green light, which red plants absorb to keep
them red(red plants usually turn green if there is
only red light to absorb). But guess I didn't get the
right 10000k bulbs since my red plants are actually
quite yellow now.

  I will let you know if I find any fluorescent bulbs
excellent for red plants. Thanks.

  Dennis,

 Any reason that you want to try 5400k bubls?
Do you find red plants grow well as green plants do
under 6500k?

Max