Re: [AGA Member] iron testers

I suppose I should add that the Hach test is very easy to
read even at levels less than 0.1 ppm. I uses a  45 degree
mirror and a color wheel so that you are viewing the length
the of the tube sample, which makes the faint reaction
colors easier to see. Of course, a level something below or
near 0.1 ppm is probably all that's needed.

SH
--- "S. Hieber" <shieber@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Use a good trace mix and you won't have to worry aobut
> having too little iron.  If you're worried about having
> too
> much (for example, red well water) one of the better kit
> (Hach or LaMotte or SeaChem) would be reliable. The first
> two of those three are the costliest.
>
> Scott H.
>

> --- Paula Hofmann <paula.hofmann@gte.net> wrote:
> > What iron tester do you all recommend?  I live in the
> > boonies and the new
> > store doesn't have much experience with fresh water
> > planted acquariums
> > although they have tons of experience with salt water.
> > They say they haven't
> > found a reliable test kit.
>

> =====
> S. Hieber